Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tim Is Not In South Africa Just Yet

Howdy all.  Welcome to my creatively named blog, Tim Is In South Africa. 

I am currently at home in Manchester, Connecticut, United States of America pulling together a few odds and ends before I head off to orientation in New Hampshire in the morning.  From NH, I travel to Boston via bus on Sunday and then to Washington DC, Johannesburg, and finally Cape Town via commercial jetliner.  The Cessna will have to sit in the garage for a year while I save the world.

As you probably know, I will be spending the next year volunteering for a nonprofit called Grassroot Soccer (GRS) that focuses on HIV/AIDS prevention in sub-Saharan Africa.  GRS works with soccer coaches, teachers, and other role models to implement health education curriculum in their respective communities.  I'll post up in the rural village of Mtubatuba in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa after a few weeks of training in Cape Town.  

Many thanks to my family and friends for all of the good wishes, blessings, and shenanigans as I embark on this adventure.

Tim with pals in America

No comments:

Post a Comment